Paid Gardener Positions
ICHD AmeriCorps State Program
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Ingham County, MI
Application Deadline: July 24, 2019
ICHD AmeriCorps Garden Support Specialist
The award winning ICHD AmeriCorps State Program is hiring individuals passionate about healthy lifestyles to join our team from October 14th, 2019 – September 21st, 2020! Full time members receive a living stipend of $13,992, health, dental and vision coverage, childcare assistance if eligible, student loan forbearance for qualified student loans and an education award of $6,095 upon successful completion of service.
Commonly known as the “Domestic Peace Corps,” AmeriCorps is a national service program that offers paid positions with significant professional development opportunities to individuals of all ages looking to make a difference in our community. Members spend their days face-to-face with community members and volunteers. In our eleventh year of serving the community, the ICHD program focuses on increasing healthy lifestyle skills and food access by:
1) Increasing the consumption of healthy, fresh, locally sourced foods through free food distributions.
2) Teaching community members the importance of a healthy lifestyle and strategies to adopt better habits.
The ICHD AmeriCorps State Program is looking to fill several full and part time positions focused on healthy lifestyles and food access in the Greater Lansing area.
Full-time member benefits:
- 1700 hours serve: 36 hours/week
- Living stipend of $13,992 distributed bi-weekly
- Loan forbearance for qualified student loans
- Education award upon successful completion of $6,095
- Continual professional development training & support
- The opportunity to serve with a team of passionate leaders working towards food sovereignty
- Professional and personal growth
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume to be eligible for interview to Andrea Villanueva, ICHD AmeriCorps Program Director at email@example.com. Deadline, 5pm July 24th. 2019. To apply for more than one position, candidates must indicate in their cover what positions they are applying for.
To view a complete list of available positions visit our website: https://goo.gl/KSiYyu
If you have any questions, please contact Andrea Villanueva at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply