My Thyme Gardens
Employment type: Seasonal
Job Location: Macomb, MI
Application Deadline: May 22, 2019
Seasonal, part-time to full-time growth opportunity. Immediate opening.
My Thyme Gardens is a small, but quickly growing, boutique landscape design and installation firm located in Macomb, Michigan. We are a female-owned business in our third full year. We are looking for an assistant landscaper/gardener – someone who is passionate about gardening with the ability to adjust to the ebb and flow a start-up can bring. This person also must have an eye for the future to help build and grow with the company.
Applicants should be willing and able to:
- Conduct regular garden maintenance tasks such as weeding, pruning, fertilization as necessary, annual planting, spreading mulch, etc. Requires kneeling, bending, twisting, some repetitive hand/arm motion.
- Install My Thyme Gardens-designed gardens for residential clients. Candidates must have basic knowledge of ergonomic practices and be able to perform physically challenging work such as shrub removal, moving large quantities of compost, topsoil and/or mulch with the appropriate equipment, lifting and/or stacking pavers and paver base materials (not frequently), moving shrubs, tree and plants, and more. Candidate should be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Assist with administrative tasks (or be willing to learn how) such as updating online timecards, social media channels, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Have some degree of creativity and able to problem-solve without sacrificing basic horticultural standards.
Some outdoor and horticulture experience is preferred, but willing to train. Candidate must have a strong desire to work according to organic, ecological and sustainable practices. IMPORTANT: Candidate should be able to sustain and genuinely enjoy physically demanding outdoor work in all types of weather.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in related field is preferred, but not required (Landscape design, Horticulture, Environmental science, Forestry, etc).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends to compensate for weather delays to keep client schedules on track.
(Preferred, but not required) Master Gardener Certification or Associates Degree in horticulture or a combination of education and experience required.
TBD based on experience and will be reviewed at regular intervals as the company grows.
How to apply:
Email email@example.com, text or call 231-633-2392
Please include a resume and a brief statement about why you think you would be right for this job. For more information, please click here.