West Michigan Tree Services
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
- Knowledgeable about the daily maintenance and safe operation of all equipment commonly used in tree care.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, CDL preferred, but willingness to obtain will work.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of all knots, ropes and rigging devices used in tree trimming and removal operations.
- Must know and understand all approved operating procedures that apply to the dendrician/climber job description.
- Must be familiar with electrical hazards, appropriate operating procedures when in proximity to electrical conductors and aerial techniques in the event of an emergency aloft.
- Must be able to work and maneuver at considerable heights under varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess physical strength and agility, good balance, good depth perception and the ability to hear verbal instructions from a distance.
- Must be able to (or: be trained to) climb and descent trees using rope and safety saddle; to learn, administer and implement emergency rescue techniques, including tree rescue and all applicable first aid techniques; must be able to quickly remove him/herself from a potential danger area.
- Report to office punctually each day prepared to work a full day
- Assist in preparing truck and materials needed for day's work at crew leader's direction.
- Shall perform professional tree maintenance activities as directed by crew leader.
- Shall help to maintain and keep track of all tools and/or equipment used in daily operation
- Shall constantly observe and practice climbing and tree maintenance skills in a continued effort to improve his own professional skills.
- Shall use all equipment and perform all jobs safely, making accident prevention a part of daily conduct.
- Shall be ready and willing to assist other crew members in all aspects of daily activities and shall be capable of taking a leadership role when required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Tree Climbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL Class A (Preferred)
Please click the "Apply" button below.Apply