Community & Economic Development Administrator - The Department of Planning, Building & Development
The Department of Planning, Building & Development
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: East Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: July 21, 2017
The Department of Planning, Building & Development is seeking an individual to manage the City’s community and economic development activities.
- The primary areas of responsibility include downtown development and revitalization; brownfield redevelopment; business retention and attraction; Community Development Block Grant program; and economic development incentives.
- The individual will be responsible for operational aspects of the Community and Economic Development division, including but not limited to, formulating policies and procedures, managing staff, developing and monitoring budgets, project management, and financial analysis.
- The position serves as the staff liaison to the Downtown Development Authority and Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, as well as provides support to City Council.
- Salary: $63,128 to a maximum of $88,379 with an excellent benefit package.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, public policy, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred; and five years or more of increasingly responsible experience, including the supervision of staff.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid Michigan driver's license.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Additionally, the candidate will have a strong working knowledge of appropriate state and federal regulations, including tax increment financing and real estate financial analysis.
- E-mail: HR@cityofeastlansing.com
- Address: Human Resources Building, 410 Abbot Road, East Lansing, MI 48823
Mail or email your application, cover letter, resume, three professional business references and copies of transcripts.