Mary Berry's Gardening
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
Job description: Gardener - crew member
- Reports to Lead gardener, Production manager, Operations manager and President of the company. Takes instruction from the Lead gardener and Production manager.
- This is an entry level, support position for the Horticulture crews and will be charged with general garden maintenance, landscaping, and other duties as assigned. Responsibilities will include assisting the Lead gardener with operations such as, weed removal, edging, hedging, raking, trimming, pruning, planting, mulching, use of gas powered blower and hedger. High school diploma required. Additional training, education, and/or certification(s) preferred.
- Previous experience with the garden maintenance, landscape installation, and care of annuals, perennials, basic plant identification and shrubs is preferred. Must be capable of working both independently with little supervision as well as a team; the ability to be proactive and take initiative where appropriate is essential.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment. Must have commitment to teamwork and delivering great service.
- Should be comfortable interacting with customers and working in a customer service environment.
- Must clean and maintain equipment, truck, and trailers.
- Ability to operate small gardening equipment and machinery safely (hedgers, blowers, mowers, trailers, and other equipment.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a excellent driving record required.
- Physical Requirements: · Repetitively lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach overhead, and kneel.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time and climb hills, stairs, ladders, etc. as needed.
- Gardener position will include jobs on customer work sites and at Mary Berry’s Gardening and other duties as required.
For more information regarding this position or to apply, please click here or call (734) 544-1969.Apply