Customer Sales and Service Reps - Farmington Hills, Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Shelby, Clinton Township
SiteOne Landscape Supply
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Multiple locations in Michigan
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Formerly known as John Deere Landscapes, SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
Through our network of over 460 stores across 44 states and five provinces, we offer a comprehensive selection of more than 90,000 products including irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies. With a world-class team of over 2,700 industry experts, we also provide industry- leading complementary services and business assistance to support our product offering and to help our customers operate and grow their businesses; all tailored to meet each customer’s specific needs.
Watch Our Brand Anthem Video: https://www.siteone.com/home/brandanthem.aspx
At SiteOne, we are committed to five key business objectives:
- Be a great place to work for our associates.
- Deliver superior quality, service and value to our customers.
- Be the distributor of choice for our suppliers.
- Achieve industry-leading financial performance and growth for our shareholders.
- Be a good neighbor in our communities.
By leveraging the strength and capabilities of a large company with the passion, drive, experience and commitment of our talented local teams – we can consistently achieve these objectives and make our customers the most successful professionals in the Green Industry. We know our customer’s business better than anyone in our industry and together with our customers and suppliers, we can achieve exceptional success.
Serve customers with passion – obsessed with their success - and consistently deliver the best overall customer experience possible. Use knowledge of the products, of SiteOne capabilities and of our customer’s needs to provide proactive assistance and creative solutions that help the customers be successful with SiteOne as their partner.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Be a Team Player
- A reliable teammate with a “can do” attitude who assists with all store tasks including, but not limited to, deliveries, cycle counts, inventory spot counts and the end of day process.
- Builds trust, mutual respect and transparency with other associates on the team and contributes positive ideas and creative solutions to make the team better
- Coach and assist less experienced staff in exceeding customer service and store performance expectations
- Deliver Customer Value:
- Proactively probe customers to understand their needs and be the best at exceeding the expectations of our customers in terms of product, service and partnership
- Unyielding belief in our products, services and partnership capabilities; know the needs of customers and provide simple, but creative solutions
- Develop strong personal relationships with customers in order to gain trust, valuable feedback and discover unmet needs
- Achieve Performance, Growth and Safety Results
- Work safely and proactively identify potential safety concerns; assist with developing and implementing solutions and promoting safe behaviors amongst the team
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the store, keeping it neat, organized and safe at all times
- Proactively identify and capitalizes on opportunities to grow sales with current and potential customers
- Assist with merchandising products and managing inventory to ensure we have what our customers want, when they need it
- Contribute strongly to the overall performance and growth of the store and achievement of excellence for all stakeholders
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Embrace change and proactively raise new ideas to improve the performance of the store and area
Champion and/or play a lead role on major store improvement initiatives
- Build Business Acumen
- Develop deep product knowledge in one or more lines of business while having a strong understanding of all store product lines. Know our customers, our services, our partnership capabilities and our competition. Product Knowledge should include product capabilities and performance, end use and applications
- Commit to continuous learning and capitalize on all training and development opportunities in order to grow professionally
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Understands principles of excellent communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service skills
- Consistent attention to detail, sense of urgency and problem solver
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions
- Good understanding of managing product inventory
- Good understanding of various department specific computer programs
- Understands principles of nursery, irrigation and landscape products
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School or secondary diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in retail nursery and irrigation industry a plus
- Wholesale distribution experience a plus
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Product Discounts
- Competitive Compensation
- Opportunities for advancement
This position requires long periods of standing and candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.