Educational Program Development Manager
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio (Remote)
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
Summary of Position
AmericanHort is looking for an energetic and detail-oriented Educational Program Development Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for development and management of educational programming, which includes in-person instruction at key Association events, experiential programming through tours and networking events, and on-line education via webinars and digital channels. This person will be a key owner of AmericanHort Community Connector groups, developed to provide industry insights, curriculum direction, speaker recommendations, and programming assistance/development. The successful candidate will excel in content/program design, facilitation of program development, speaker bookings, program oversight, and project management. This position is instrumental in ensuring all educations program user experience is consistent, professional and positive.
- Leads the short and long-term planning related to learning
- Analyzes the educational and business needs of the
- Conceptualizes and recommends new programs based on market research and communication with leadership, membership, and
- Knows key players in the industry to be able to lead research, recruitment, booking,
- Works well with industry research and academic communities as well as volunteers
- Evaluates data to assess program effectiveness and identify improvement
- Provide year round educational solutions by organizing in-person conferences and educational courses, webinars, blended experiences, online learning and communities, or other
- Engages regularly with member and other industry communities to build relationships and ensure programs and activities are
- Plays a key role in partnering with membership, exhibits and sponsorship sales teams to develop business opportunities.
- Spearheads the vision of educational programs and effectively collaborates with marketing and communications partners to execute the vision to be meaningful and relevant to the
- Coordinates recruitment, scheduling, communication, training, tracking and onsite management of conference presenters and
- Assists with development and maintaining budgets related to all education
- Is a positive representative of the association through all
- Works as part of the event team to accomplish association’s event goals; provide recommendations and expertise to stakeholders; provide onsite event
This position may be required to travel a minimum of 4-6 times per year, including being onsite for 7 days for the organization’s annual event.
The successful candidate will have applied experience from working in the industry, a strong academic background (Master’s or PhD in horticulture or related field is desired) and understand the importance of building strong horticulture, landscape, and consumer educational programming for our industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s or PhD preferred) in horticulture or related industry field with 5 years training & education administration experience or
- Program management experience
- Ability to think critically and make decisions based on instructions and previous
- Apply project management experience during the planning and successful execution of approximately 4 - 6 education program launches per
- Experience in horticulture or agriculture industries is preferred
- Passion for educational business development, brand enhancement, relationship building and educational technology
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast paced, innovative environment and manage tight project timelines
- He/she is approachable, collaborative and accepts direction, but can work independently and take
- Successful candidates will be bright, energetic, creative and
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic and motivated to advance the mission of AmericanHort
- Understands the importance of being respectful, is self-aware and accepts productive
Compensation commensurate with experience. AmericanHort offers competitive benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, HSA and FSA options, and 401K.
AmericanHort and this position are based in Columbus, Ohio. A remote employee location will be considered based on qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position please forward resume and cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to Ken Fisher at KenF@AmericanHort.org.
About AmericanHort (More information at AmericanHort.org)
Green industry businesses perform better, grow faster and prepare for the future as a member of AmericanHort, the green industry’s leading association. With a history of 220+ years serving horticultural professionals, AmericanHort supports nearly 16,000 member and affiliated businesses that include breeders, greenhouse and nursery growers, garden retailers, distributors, interior and exterior landscape professionals, florists, students, educators, researchers, manufacturers, and all of those who are part of the industry market chain. The horticulture industry's production, wholesale, retail, and landscape service components account for over 2.32 million full- and part-time jobs and contribute $348 billion annually to the U.S. economy.