Falling Leaves Lawn Care, Inc.
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: April 11, 2019
Landscape Enhancement Manager
Falling Leaves Lawn Care, Inc. (FLLC) is pleased to announce an outstanding opportunity for the right individual to join our team of dedicated professionals and develop our Enhancement division.
FLLC is a quality service provider of landscape maintenance, enhancement and hardscape service to the northeast area of Metro Atlanta in the residential, commercial and townhome/condo community markets. Our company has been providing service for over 20 years with 100% local ownership and management. We are fiscally sound and are looking to grow our business with your help.
The Enhancement Manager (EM) is responsible for the Enhancement division at FLLC. This person will have constant interaction with the Operations Manager, property managers and homeowners whom we serve. The EM is a hybrid position that involves sales of enhancements, oversight of the Enhancement teams in the field and design work when needed. Organization is a must. Individual must have a passion for creating and improving residential and commercial landscapes. Communication with clients is needed on a daily basis. The EM is responsible for managing a team of 6-10 team members.
The Landscape Enhancement Manager is a part of the Leadership Team at FLLC, and oversees all enhancement functions:
- Position reports directly to the Operations Manager
- Works with minimal supervision and leads a team of 6-10 people in an efficient and productive manner
- Enhancements typically include hardscapes, paver design and installation, dry creek beds, retaining walls, plants, trees and garden creation.
- In addition to creating enhancements for clients, additional responsibilities will include Floriculture, Horticultural service, plant, insect, and disease ID, rejuvenation pruning and cleanups. All mulch and pine straw installation for recurring revenue clients.
- Hires, trains and promotes the development of Enhancement team members in the best practices of installation and company standards
- Proficient and daily use of computer technology to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Conversational Spanish and ability to communicate details is necessary
- Sets team goals for specific periods of the day, meets to discuss specific plan to accomplish team goals while on site
- Manages team members, sub-contractors, equipment and material with minimal supervision to accomplish production schedules within established budget hours
- Reads installation plans, parts lists, and other instructions. Coordinates order of plants and materials with support from Operations Manager. Coordinates deliveries of plants and materials with support from Facility Manager. Communicates equipment needs for rental with Facility Manager.
- Observes and enforces safety procedures and company policies.
- Utilizes transit to raise and lower grades and operates mini-excavator and skid-steer
- Small irrigation repair and machine operation
- A minimum of two to three (2-3) years of Project Enhancement experience.
- Completion of a four-year degree in Horticulture or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience in the green industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience in managing up to 3 direct reports
- Outstanding written and verbal communications. Conversational Spanish is needed.
- Proficient with the use of business technology and software applications.
- Self-motivated individual who sets his/her own personal and professional goals.
- High level of accountability for results in order to ensure deliverables are met.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
Key Performance Metrics
- Committed to supporting FLLC Core Values and building the Enhancement Team
- Creativity and Communication
- Revenue Growth
- Job Quality and Client Satisfaction
- Completion of projects within budgeted hours, efficiency
- Job Safety and lost time because of job accidents or lost, stolen equipment
- Team Leader, member development and retention
This position is a full-time, which will include a competitive base pay, with incentives. We offer a benefit package that includes, vacation, medical stipend and Simple IRA.