Entry Level Labor Positions - Gardener, Golf Course, Irrigation, Arborist, Turf, Site Construction
MSU Landscape Services
Employment type: Temporary
Job Location: East Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: May 6, 2019
Laborer I - (Entry Level)
Areas Hiring In:
Gardener, Golf Course, Turf, Irrigation, Materials & Logistics, Arborist, Site Construction
- 40 hours/week. 6:00am - 2:30pm, with possible overtime, sick days and holiday pay. Vacation days after six months.
- $16.82 per hour. $17.70 per hour after six month probation.
- Assist support staff in work methods and processes related to landscape maintenance and installation of plant material.
- Required Experience: One year (or approved equivalent) in related field.
- Desired Experience: Gardening, heavy equipment operation, general landscape knowledge.
- Possession or attainment of a valid Michigan Commercial Pesticide Applicator, certification in categories: Turf (3A), Ornamental (3B), and Right of Way (6) within six months of hire date.
- Applicants must have a good driving record and pass a background check.
- After six months of successful employment and/or 1,040 hours you’ll have an opportunity to bid on a full-time position with benefits.