Estate Horticulturist Landscaper/Gardener
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Private residential estate in Westover Hills is seeking a full-time Horticulturist & Estate Gardener. The primary responsibility is to keep 6 acre personal residence in immaculate condition year round. The site has an abundance of red oaks and live oaks in addition to a variety of other trees, shrubs, flowers and grasses. The Horticulturist landscape/gardener will direct a 5-6 man crew. This is a full-time position with a very competitive compensation package and attractive benefits.
While the position is intended to be 50 hours per week with 2 weeks of vacation, the nature of the work demands some schedule flexibility. For instance, during the growing season, the landscaper/gardener will likely need to work longer days, and in other periods may have shorter days. Also, during growing season or when working on special projects, landscaper/gardener may need to hire and manage supplemental staff, but will in all cases be responsible for the ultimate work product.
The ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture OR comparable Experience, Certifications and Training in the field of Horticulture
- Have a minimum of 5 years of industry experience, preferably with an emphasis on high-end residential/resort arboriculture or landscaping
- Have in-depth knowledge of the science of plants, grasses and trees.
- Extensive knowledge of the practice of arboriculture including pruning, water management/irrigation, integrated pest management, etc.
- Supervision of full-time landscaping/garden staff to ensure that regular maintenance is performed properly and that plant material is properly installed and maintained according to acceptable horticultural techniques
- Basic upkeep on pool, spa, pond, and outside buildings
- Miscellaneous household duties including providing floral arrangements
- In addition to the technical skills and experience required to fill this position, ideal candidates should be passionate about landscaping, detail oriented, creative, flexible, dedicated and discrete