Facilities Development Internship - Sparrow Hospital
Employment type: Part-Time
Job Location: Sparrow Hospital, Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: July 28, 2016
General Purpose of Job:
The department Intern will work closely with members of the Facility Development team to assist with a range of general department operations. The position will support the Signage and Move Coordinator, Project Managers and other team members of the department to deliver a built environment which conveys the mission and vision of the patient-centered focus of the Health System. The successful candidate will gain exposure to the duties of planning and construction in the healthcare environment.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assist the Signage and Move Coordinator with response to requests for signage updates, new installations and removals by departments; coordinate the manufacturing and installation of such requests with outside vendor.
- Assists with move management efforts with the Project Management team; often providing on-site assistance to coordinate scheduled moves
- Assist Project Managers to establish budget and schedule for projects
- Assists with the interior design tasks as necessary
- Assist Senior Project Manager / Estimator in creating Preliminary Project Estimates.
- Assist Senior Project Manager / Estimator to set up and run interior renovation projects working with Facilities Engineering as necessary.
- Assist Interior Designer to order and Schedule Furniture and finish accessories to complete projects.
- Assist with implementation of standardized room numbering systems for Sparrow Health System
- Demonstrated work experience utilizing AutoCAD, and other necessary computer programs
- Willingness and ability to gain understanding of furniture specs, coordination of furniture orders, delivery and installation for assisting with move management
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven excellent writing skills with superior knowledge of the English language and English grammar
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents and details.
- Strong relationship development and stakeholder engagement skills; ability to communicate effectively with team members
Link: http://www.sparrow.org/support-staff-careers [Requisition # 93593]