Farm Floor Manager
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI
Application Deadline: March 26, 2019
Job Description: Farm Floor Manager
- Support farm operations by managing all processes from seed to harvest and supervising staff.
- Manage a team of farm technician by monitoring daily activities for efficiency, accuracy and quality.
- Improve staff performance by training, coaching, disciplining and recruit as necessary.
- Schedule and assign farm techs and evaluate work results.
- Actively participate with farm techs in seeding, planting, growing, harvesting and packaging.
- Evaluate current processes and identify areas of improvement.
- Measure and document key indicators of the growing process.
- Achieves objectives by monitoring results, analyzing variances and take corrective action.
Skills and Qualifications
- Horticultural experience in a controlled environmental agricultural organization preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Attention to detail, track metrics of all farm activities.
- Promote process improvement
- Work hours: 40 hours per week. Manager will determine most efficient daily start and stop times.
- Salaried position is negotiable.
- There are no benefits.