Pretoria Fields Collective
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Albany, GA
Application Deadline: September 27, 2018
Farm Manager Pretoria Fields Collective – Albany, GA
Pretoria Fields Collective in Albany, GA is the state’s only farmhouse production brewery. We are seeking a Farm Manager that will join us with the ability and acumen to help us grow our business. We have several hundred acres of Organic and Natural crop land we own and oversee. We grow fruits, vegetables, hops and grains for input into our beers, as well as to sell in farmers markets and to malt houses. This fall we are also going to launch hydroponic hoop houses to expand our hop growing capabilities.
The following are just a few of the job responsibilities you would be focused on:
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, fertilizing, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
- Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
- Analyzes market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
- Confers with purchasers and arranges for sale of crops.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and works with the CFO and COO to prepare financial and operational reports.
- Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Analyzes soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Inspects fields and grow houses to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
- Purchases machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
- Evaluates financial statements and makes budget proposals.
- Other assigned duties.
Farm Management or Agricultural Management: 3 years
Bachelor’s Degree Required and a Master’s PreferredApply