Farm - Field Assistant
Employment type: Part-Time
Job Location: Kewadin, MI
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
UnderToe Farm is seeking a farm-field assistant to assist with harvest for the Elk Rapids Farmer's Market, and for our Farm-Share (C.S.A.) program pick up days, and complete many other tasks on our small farm.
We are looking for individuals with the core qualities:
- Enthusiasm for growing food
- Curiosity and openness--a beginner’s mind, a desire to learn and grow
- Friendly, outgoing, adventurous--unafraid to try new things
- Excellent communication skills--the ability to express your needs, ask questions, and generally engage with your work and others
- Self motivated and able to work autonomously
- Highly organized
- Good with your hands--coordinated
- A planner
- A morning person
- The ability perform rigorous physical work for hours on end in extreme heat, cold and wet conditions
- Seriously considering farming as a career and believe you can make it happen.
- A good sense of humor
Why work at UnderToe Farm?
To glean essential knowledge of organic vegetable growing methods, take home fresh organically grown produce weekly, work in a friendly environment outdoors, meet the great community surrounding our farm, participate in an attend on-farm events, etc.
Work begins in May and ends in October.
Hours will be 4-5 days a week for 7 - 8 hours per day
Pay rate will be based on experience. + organic vegetables each week
No housing is provided, and you must have your own transportation.
To apply please email a resume and feel free to call or email:
Think Undertoe is the right farm for you? For more information, please click here.
Please Contact us: