Varner's Greenhouse and Nursery
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Niles, MI
Application Deadline: January 13, 2020
General/operations manager for family-owned retail and wholesale garden center and greenhouse business. Person will oversee production and sales operations and take lead on implementing sales and inventory systems, establishing security measures and updating marketing strategy, among other key items. Located in Southwest Michigan. Salaried position requiring 50+ hours per week on location, and closer to 60 -65 hours during high season (late April – early June). Salary TBD based on experience and qualifications of eligible candidates.
- College education (bachelor’s degree or above) or significant prior experience working in capacity as general or operations manager of retail and/or wholesale operations.
- Prior experience managing staff and overall business operations a must.
- Prior experience working in horticulture or garden center or running own business a plus.
- Hard working with mentality that all jobs – big and small – are important jobs
- Willingness to take on ALL jobs when needed
- Personifies strong leadership skills without arrogance
- Technologically savvy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
- Accountable for his/her actions and those of the individuals he/she manages
- Good, clear communicator, both written and verbal
Please send resume and cover letter to Carla Varner at: email@example.com