Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Holland, MI
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
Professional Greenhouse Grower
Jonker’s Garden, Holland, Michigan
April 1, 2019
Based on experience, lots of potential for growth
Jonker’s Garden is a 65+ year-old family-owned garden center currently managed by a third-generation family member.
Located in beautiful West Michigan, we grow annuals, perennials and rose bushes in our 35,000-square foot of greenhouses and cold frames. These we sell retail in our indoor/outdoor garden center, along with lots more that we purchase from local growers, as well as nursery stock, tropical plants (year-round) and indoor and outdoor garden art and gifts. As Holland’s premier garden center, we enjoy a sterling reputation regionally for quality, value, selection and fun, thanks in large part to our many long-term employees.
Click www.jonkersgarden.com for a tour of our Garden Center.
The qualified candidate will be trained by two 30+-year employees to:
- Select and order varieties and numbers of perennials and annuals and schedule to grow in the greenhouses.
- Propagate plants in the greenhouses.
- Plant and grow these plants.
- Identify and treat pests and disease on these plants.
- Design and plant combination pots and hanging baskets.
- Display and sell these plants in our retail garden center, as well as purchase more from local growers to meet our customer demand.
The successful candidate will also:
- Be able to communicate daily processes to individuals assisting in greenhouses.
- Have an eagerness to learn and grow as an individual.
- Bring innovation and ideas to share and collaborate on.
- Have the initiative to go above and beyond.
- Function independently in a team environment.
- 1-3+ years greenhouse/growing experience
- Be able to be on your feet for 8 hours per day
- Be able to work in an indoor/outdoor environment
- Be able to lift/move up to 40 lbs.
- Be able/willing to some weekends and holiday hours seasonally
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance plan
- IRA retirement match
This is an opportunity that has a lot of potential for growth for the right person. We offer a great work environment with lots of flexibility.
If interested in job opportunity submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please click here.