Country Club of Detroit
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI
Application Deadline: June 26, 2018
Country Club of Detroit is a storied private club on the upper east side of the Detroit metropolitan area in the affluent suburb of Grosse Pointe Farms. The club has a rich golf history, playing host to (2) US Amateurs, the last of which was won by Arnold Palmer, Launching his illustrious career. The Country Club of Detroit… as an incorporated not-for-profit organization which holds to the highest standards, provides a unique site for which to experience all aspects of the greens industry within its 240 acre property. The property features an 18-hole Championship golf course, originally designed by the noted British golf architect Harry S. Colt and later updated by Colt/Alison, Robert Trent Jones, Robert Trent Jones, Jr. and Tom Doak of Renaissance Golf Design. The club will play host to the 2018 Michigan Amateur Championship along with the 2020 US Senior Amateur Championship.
Country Club of Detroit Grounds Team
- Seasonal full time and part time positions available April through November.
- Must be motivated and service orientated.
- Experience is not required but preferred.
Here is a link to a short video of the work done around the course. https://vimeo.com/104800099
- Daily maintenance of the golf course and grounds including:
- Ride and walk mowing of turf playing surfaces
- Bunker maintenance
- Clubhouse landscaping: push mowing, string trimming, and debris clean up
- Maintenance of golf course practice facilities (driving range, and chipping area)
- A variety of project work including: irrigation installation, drainage work, and bunker construction
- Must be time oriented and punctual for work shifts
- Ability to listen and learn standard maintenance practices
- Must have reliable transportation
- Background check and drug test required upon hire
Job will provide:
- A clean facility and friendly team atmosphere
- Pay scale $11-$13 DOE plus ample overtime available after 40 hours
- Daily lunch Monday through Friday
- Employee golf privileges
- Uniforms including (work polo's, khakis, and hat)
- Proper PPE (gloves, eye protection, ear protection, rain gear)
Contact Kevin Peck (586)980-7665, Kpeck@ccdetroit.org or visit, http://www.ccofd.com/club/scripts/library/view_document.asp?NS=PUBLIC&DN=EMPLOYMENT