Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Avon, OH
Application Deadline: February 28, 2017
Willoway Nurseries, a progressive, forward thinking company, is currently seeking a grower to join its Avon, OH team. Willoway is the largest nursery in Ohio, and while we are still proudly family owned and operated after 60 + years, we strive to be on the forefront of the industry with technology, marketing, and growing techniques. We are currently recruiting horticulture professionals who can positively contribute to the growth of the company, with the goal of making this your life long career!
Job duties include:
- Monitoring our range of landscape perennials, shrubs, and trees
- The implementation of growing techniques that support exceptional product quality
- Oversee and direct assistant growers and provide them with horticultural training.
- Oversight of irrigation, fertilizer injection, and monitoring of plant nutrients required to ensure quality plants are being produced in a timely fashion
- Record and organize the necessary growing data in computer operating systems
- Monitoring and controlling different greenhouse environments used to produce plants.
- Coordinate and communicate with staff on daily production schedules
- Monitor facility maintenance of growing areas
- Become a part of Willoway’s proactive succession plan as we develop our next generation of employees
- Participation in open book management, and the Great Game of Business
- A degree in the field of horticulture or a related major.
- 1-3 years of related green industry experience.
- A prominent example of accountability for the growing team
- Proactively communicate to co-workers.
- This position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions daily.
- Team player, self-starter, thorough, detailed, quick learner.
- Willing to learn open book management and positively contribute to the financial success and growth of the company.
- Willing to learn Willoway’s operations techniques and apply them with focus and accuracy.
If requirements are unmet, but you are still interested in this career, we have grower trainee positions available. Trainee growers follow the same job duties as the grower, but under the grower’s guidance.
To learn more about our company, visit us at willowaynurseries.com. Benefits include competitive pay, vacation, holidays, health insurance with HSA option, life insurance, 401k with employer match & more! Willoway Nurseries is proud to be a drug free workplace.
Are you interested? Do you have additional questions?
Please email me at: Jterhesh@Willowaynurseries.com
Or give me a call at: 440-934-4435 ext. 2237