Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Application Deadline: June 21, 2018
Rideau Vineyard is a small privately-owned winery in the Santa Ynez Valley. We produce a range of
varieties while focusing on Rhone wines. We have a small estate vineyard while also sourcing from
other vineyards in the Central Coast area for a total of about 100 tons.
We are currently looking for a harvest intern to join our team and assist with our 2018 harvest. The
team here is small, experienced, and very close-knit; we are looking for the right candidate for our
Candidates should be punctual, self-starting, hard-working, detail oriented, passionate about wine, and
have a positive attitude. The intern should be prepared to report mid-August and be willing to work
through harvest’s end (can be anywhere from end of October to early December depending on the
- Perform cellar duties including, but not limited to, operating and maintaining equipment, hand
sorting, forklift operation, pressing, barrel movement, cellar cleaning, etc.
- Conduct proper house techniques for cleaning, sanitizing and storing winery equipment as well
as operation set up for processing, wine and juice transfers and tank preparations.
- Perform cellar duties such as punch downs, rackings, drain and press, fermentation additions,
barrel filling and maintenance.
- Properly follow and complete work orders for tracking.
- Follow standard operating procedures to ensure efficiency and continued quality.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Demonstrate apt attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Assist in any other production related activities for crush as directed by winemaker.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to work extended and flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly and repeatedly.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and perform physical work (lifting, bending,
- Ability to read, write, and understand English with the ability to follow instructions.
- Must a team player.
Additional Qualifications (beneficial but not required)
- Previous cellar and harvest experience.
- University or college qualification in viticulture and enology, or related field, preferred.
- Laboratory experience a plus.
- Licensed fork lift operator preferred
Applicants must be able to provide own housing and transportation to and from the winery.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com