Heartland Restoration Technician
Employment type: Temporary
Job Location: Gaylord, MI
Application Due Date: March 31, 2023
● A minimum of one year’s experience completing natural resource management projects
● Ability to identify aquatic and terrestrial invasive, native, and threatened or endangered plant species
common to the state of Michigan
● Ability to have an adaptable schedule to work around changing weather conditions
● Experience with herbicides, including safety, proper storage, mixing, and application
● Experience with GIS mapping and data collection, specifically ArcCollector and Avenza Maps
● Experience in operating watercraft, off-road vehicles, and pickup trucks while towing loaded trailers
● Experience safely operating a chainsaw, brushcutter or other power tools
● The opportunity to explore Northern Michigan!
● This position pays $15-$17/hr. with the opportunity for an end-of-season bonus
● 3 day weekends! The work week is generally four, ten-hour days
● Employees receive five paid federal holidays and 24 hours of paid time off (if working through November)
● Work vehicle is provided, if you must use a personal vehicle you will be reimbursed for mileage
● Occasional camping in Northern Michigan! All camping fees and food are provided
● Apparel that you can keep - Huron Pines shirts, hat, and a pair of muck boots
● All pesticide certification fees will be covered by Huron Pines
● Have a hand in directly influencing the health of Northern Michigan's natural resources!
This is an at-will, seasonal, non-exempt position. Huron Pines plans to fill multiple positions with this
announcement. Anticipated employment dates are May 15, 2023 – November 16, 2023 but alternate dates may
be available to accommodate schooling or other needs.
How to Apply
Send a one-page cover letter, your resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
‘Heartland Restoration Technician Application’. Huron Pines is additionally hiring Coastal Restoration Technicians, please indicate if you are also applying for that position. Feel free to call Shelby Bauer, Stewardship Program Coordinator at 989-448-2293 ext. 13 with any questions pertaining to this posting. This rolling application will be open until the positions are filled. By applying for this position, you are certifying that all of the statements made in your application are true, correct, and complete to the best of your knowledge.