Horticultural Coordinator- Full Time
Multi Packaging Solutions- WestRock
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: January 30, 2020
Process custom orders including those involving complex design and/or custom die shapes. Provide accurate detailed horticultural information and photography for the creation of product through the JHH Front End and for the JHH consumer website; BloomIQ.com. Maintain and add photography to the photo library to ensure quick processing of orders through the JHH Front End. Work in a team environment to better facilitate production and problem solving while maintaining quality and customer service
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process custom tag orders through photo evaluation, copy, and layout requirements, mock-up preparation, and creating proofs for the customer.
- Use knowledge of horticulture, plant habit, nomenclature, plant breeders, etc. to ensure accuracy and quality of plant research.
- Maintain integrity of all plant database systems.
- Work directly with our customers, as required to ensure quality product, meet their turn times expectations and get questions answered quickly.
- Maintain current and consistent customer specific information in our files, including, but not limited to photo preferences, horticultural copy preferences, unique product specs and tag/product layouts.
- Ensure product quality through consistent use of our quality documents, work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Assist Customer Service, as required to ensure all dates are met on orders.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Continually expand knowledge of processes through cross-training and available company sponsored educational classes and trainings.
- Assist in training of the new Horticultural coordinators and other department members as needed.
- Assist all other areas of the JHH Front End as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university or a minimum 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advance skills in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Basic to moderate experience work on building/maintaining a database structure preferred.
- 6 months – 1-year Garden Center or Internship/Internships working in a Garden Center or Botanical Gardens preferred.
- Ability to get along with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance, adhering to the MPS attendance policy.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Please contact Hope Arndt at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please click here.