Internships and Professional Gardeners
Deer & Gardens, Inc.
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Milford, Michigan and surrounding areas.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2020
Based in Milford, Michigan and serving the surrounding communities, Deer & Gardens, Inc. is an established professional gardening firm that designs, installs, and maintains elaborate gardens. We specialize in garden design, renovation, and maintenance with an emphasis on designing deer-resistant gardens. Our typical client wants more than the standard landscape and is passionate about enjoying an outdoor living space that enhances his and/or her lifestyle. At Deer & Gardens, we believe that it is essential for us to not only create inspiring gardens but also to foster caring and enjoyable relationships with our clients and among co-workers.
We invite you to apply for a position with Deer & Gardens as a professional gardener or intern where you would be encouraged to:
- Dig deep into your passion for horticulture and healthy environmental practices
- Learn to collaborate creatively with the team in areas of garden design and problem solving
- Gain practical experience in garden and landscape maintenance and design
- Work with and learn about a wide variety of unusual landscape plants
- Learn about proper planting and pruning techniques
- Benefit from an opportunity to build meaningful and enjoyable relationships with clients and co-workers
- Completing garden maintenance tasks including weeding, pruning, esthetic trimming, edging
- Renovating tired or neglected garden areas
- Planting annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees and bulbs
- Installing new garden designs and assisting with garden design ideas
- Creating planter displays
- Creating garden paths and placing and exploring garden art additions
Those becoming a valued member of Deer & Gardens
- Are passionate about gardening and plants, positive and self motivated
- Enjoy working outside under all weather conditions March through November
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be able to lift 40lbs
Horticulture students and graduates are invited to apply. Compensation is $15-$16, depending on experience. No weekends. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, click here or call Pamela at 248-515-6918 and review our website at http://www.deerandgardens.com/index.html.