DJ's Landscape Management
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019
DJ’s Landscape Management, Inc. is West Michigan’s largest Landscape Management Company. We provide Landscape Management along with Snow & Ice Management services to commercial clients throughout the Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon, and Kalamazoo areas. We’ve been exceeding our clients’ expectations for nearly 20 years, and this has resulted in abundant growth for our company and our careers. We are proud to boast an 85% internal promotion rate for Supervisors, Managers, and Officers. However, we are always looking for driven and talented people to join our Team at all levels and make a positive impact in their own life as well as in the lives of our Customers and fellow Team Members. Come grow with us!
DJ’s offers a rotational internship program catered to YOU! Throughout the summer, interns will be given the opportunity to spend time in all our departments – Operations, Client Care and Administration. Time in Operations can be spent learning and expanding on skills in irrigation, tree care, seasonal color, fertilization, lawn maintenance, enhancements and construction. The client care team will give you the opportunity to focus on sales and customer service as well as estimate projects and quote various projects. Learning the ins and outs of the company will come from the administration team, focusing on invoicing, human resources and scheduling. Spend the summer growing with us and gaining valuable hands on knowledge and experience!
Team Member Benefits:
- Wage $15
- 40 hour per week schedule
- Participation in company sponsored events
- Subsidized housing - just a 10-minute drive from work!
Responsibilities & Learning Opportunities might Include:
- Field work (tree work, installs, maintenance, construction, irrigation and plant health care)
- Learning customer service
- Learning design and estimating
- Learning administrative operations
- Learning client care and sales
- Pursuing a degree in a related field
- Willing to work hard in various fields of operation and throughout the company
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com.
“Our vision at DJ’s is to be recognized as an employer of choice, the top landscape company in the state of Michigan, and to continue experiencing rapid growth. With the goal of expanding throughout Michigan creating additional locations.”