Smithsonian Gardens Internship
The Smithsonian Gardens
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: July 1, 2019
Smithsonian Gardens provides an exceptionally well-rounded array of experiences in its intern program thanks to the wide diversity of services it offers to the Smithsonian, the world's largest museum complex. We accept current and recently graduated undergraduate and graduate students studying horticulture, landscape architecture, museum studies, or other related fields. Selection is based on both an evaluation of the applicant’s application and available positions.
Internship Opportunities include:
- Greenhouse Production Internship
- Horticulturist Internship
- Education and Outreach Internship
- Archives of American Gardens' Internship
- Landscape Architecture Internship
- Orchid Collection Internship
More information about the internship opportunities and how to apply can be found on our website at http://www.gardens.si.edu/get-involved/internships.html.
Applications for internships should be received no later than the dates listed below.
- Winter/Spring Internships: December 1
- Summer Internships: February 1
- Fall Internships: May 15
Requirements for applying to the Smithsonian Garden intern program:
- Submit an on-line application
- Two letters of recommendation
- College transcript(s)
- Essay describing background, interest in field, career goals and chosen project.
Please click the "Apply" button below, or click the following link http://www.gardens.si.edu/get-involved/internships.html.