Horticulturist - Hydroponics
Convergence Group, Inc.
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
Eco Convergence Group, Inc. (ECG) is an Orlando/FL company that builds and operates indoor vertical hydroponic installations using technologies initially developed for unrelated fields, such as clean room manufacturing.
Horticulturist – Hydroponics - Atlanta
- Supervise and assist in all stages of hydroponic crop production and harvesting. This may include:
- Maintain growing protocols, light, nutrient and environmental regimens.
- Undertake all aspects of plant husbandry and production including propagation, growing and harvesting.
- Execute pest, disease and contamination prevention programs, commensurate with current state and federal food safety standards.
- Assist in cultivar and variety selection.
- Maintain crop scheduling and organization.
- Execute quality control programs.
- Help recruit, manage, train and instruct grow room workers.
- Perform essential administration, including maintenance of records.
- Meet agreed deadlines and operating within agreed budgets.
- Comply with the company’s HR policies.
- Proven, verifiable experience in and/or significant academic work related to commercial hydroponics or other controlled environment horticulture methods.
- Bachelor degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, or Plant Science.
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must be willing to undergo background and drug testing prior to hire.
- This position is located in Atlanta. Initially, the candidate will undergo on the job training for 2-3 months at one of ECG’s facilities in Orlando, FL.
Salary dependent on experience. Benefit package includes full medical, vision and dental coverage for the employee, as well as life and disability insurance. This position is eligible to participate in incentive plans that may be established by the company. Paid time off and holidays. ECG is an equal opportunity employer.