Internship Opportunities - Saline, MI
Nutrien Ag Solutions
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Saline, MI
Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
Nutrien Ag Solutions Saline Location Agronomy Internships
Sales Agronomy Intern
Farm Center Manager and Division Marketing Manager
The purpose of this position is to work with designated farm center managers, salesmen, and division staff learning and impacting all facets of our organization. The primary role of this position is to increase our customer’s use of Nutrien products, recruit new customers and expand farm center seed and crop care knowledge. There will be an emphasis on marketing for the farm center at which you are placed, helping with plots and customer field days. Lastly all interns will complete an ongoing summer project that is developed based on the interest of the intern and the farm center.
- Report directly to manager/salesmen on field and seed observations on a weekly basis via field scouting, product performance follow up and scheduled grower visits.
- Work with Nutri-scription sampling as well as grower presentations of results.
- Conduct regular scheduled evaluations of seed plots/side-by-sides throughout season.
- Work with location manager/sales to increase focus on LPI nutritional products.
- Assist with plot setup and implementation of seed and LPI nutritional products.
- Safety- Maintain a safe working condition and report any unsafe working conditions to farm center manager.
- Obtain experience in supervisory skills, territory management, public speaking and working in a team environment.
- Gain experience in crop development and increase knowledge on IPM.
- Develop customer relationship skills by working with local customers and farm managers.
- Expand knowledge of herbicide and disease management basics, including seed traits and technologies, while becoming familiar with current trends and seed management practices.
- Hourly wage
- Nutrien will provide a vehicle to drive during work hours.
- Projected internship will begin May 15 and conclude Aug 15
- Interns will be responsible for attire (including boots/rain gear)
- All new hires will be required to pass pre-employment drug screen and have a clean driving record
- Work week will be flexible with potential for odd hours if need be
Agriculture majors, and those with experience in agriculture are encouraged to apply. If interested, email your resume to David Penterics @ email@example.com. You will be contacted by David to set up an interview time.