Irrigation Division Manager
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Wauconda, Roselle, and Plainfield, IL
Application Deadline: June 21, 2019
The major objective of the Irrigation Division Manager position is to oversee the strategic goals of the division and day to day operations the Acres Irrigation Division as required by the Roselle Facility Vice President (FVP). Partner with the account management team to sell irrigation work to Acres existing maintenance clients as well personally sell irrigation work to non-contracted clients to achieve budgeted sales goals. Communicate with customers both internal and external to ensure satisfaction with service and solve problems to foster a positive, long-term relationship and to discuss additional opportunities. Ensure irrigation jobs are managed within budget to meet or exceed all required financial performance objectives. The Irrigation Division Manager must also maintain a positive image for Acres in the field and in the industry.
- Achieve budgeted profit and sales goals
- Work within established budgeted hours
- Sustain profitable growth
- Effective & efficient staff
- Satisfied clients & staff
- Quality work
- Safe operations
- Effective SOP's
- Work with Acres sales and marketing teams as well as independently to maximize irrigation sales within and outside Acres customer base. Assist in developing and monitoring pricing/updating as needed to achieve top and bottom-line goals.
- Personally, prospect for and sell irrigation work to achieve or exceed annual sales goals. Obtain referrals from clients, network and develop new business opportunities.
- In addition to possessing Operations and Project Management skills, having the ability to present a knowledgeable & professional image and to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Assist in preparing estimates, proposals and contracts for clients and sales team members. Knowledge and understanding of project scope, contract documents and job costing.
- Ensure customers are satisfied through effective communication and service. Effectively resolve any service issues or complaints. And properly prepare and monitor irrigation systems after work is performed to assure proper functioning.
- Ensure Acres is current with all Illinois State requirements. The Irrigation Division Manager oversees overall irrigation department functioning including standard operating procedures as well as scheduling, ordering materials and monitor job costs and deliveries, inventory, materials, equipment and personnel/subcontractor management along with achieving financial performance objectives.
- Assist in the hiring, training and development, motivation, management and retention of irrigation personnel. Assist with their performance reviews and individual development plans. Enforce all Acres policies and procedures implementing disciplinary procedures as necessary in conjunction with human resources. Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all employee changes and new hires.
- Perform hands on work as needed and oversee all irrigation services. Must possess knowledge and experience with aerators/fountains/low voltage landscape lighting. The scope of irrigation services provided, and your support responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Billable repairs/service work, preventive maintenance and contractual work;
- Troubleshooting of irrigation system problems assuring service tickets are completed for all work completed;
- Managing the removal and re-installation of aerator systems in ponds and provide service and troubleshooting;
- Managing the performance, documentation and presentation of results of customer irrigation system audits;
- Managing emergency irrigation repairs and/or assisting in resolving these situations until a valid repair can be completed.
- Ensure all work is performed safely, to quality standards and in compliance with applicable governmental regulations.
- Monitor monthly reports such as hours and RPH, and work with the account management and production teams to make adjustments as necessary to achieve Company goals.
- Maintain a comprehensive preventive safety training program for the irrigation division to include weekly tailgate safety talks. Execute all aspects of Acres safety program.
- Track inventory and restock as needed.
- Assist in assuring all departmental work is billed appropriately.
- Establish a good working relationship with your manager and co-workers, and keep your manager informed of progress and problems on the job.
- Communicate effectively with customers and Acres team members within and outside your department to ensure quality work is performed to the satisfaction of the client.
- Plan daily, weekly, monthly activities in advance. Attend all required meetings.
- Attend industry seminars to continuously improve your skills and stay up to date with industry trends.
- Maintain and manage all required administrative systems, including (but not limited to) timesheets, job databases and service schedules.
- Become actively involved in trade organizations for networking purposes to enhance sales potential.
- Actively participate in decision making in the department and work to continually improve its operation.
- Effectively and safely use assigned vehicles and equipment monitoring their maintenance needs and coordinating preventive maintenance and repair with the shop.
- Manage and maintain a key leadership role for snow removal operations including attending to customers, manpower and equipment needs.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of irrigation industry best practices including safety practices and procedures. Ability to operate all equipment utilized by the Division.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to work being performed.
- The following certifications are a plus: Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (CLIA), Certified Irrigation Designer (CID).
- Various manufacturer aerator certifications are a plus.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job in order to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands regularly include standing, walking on uneven surfaces, stooping/crouching, kneeling, reaching with hands and arms, fine motor skills using hands/fingers, seeing intricate parts and overall system, talking and hearing. Lifting requirements are regularly 25 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- Candidate must have a minimum of (5) years of relevant irrigation experience.
- Posses strong knowledge of Irrigation Maintenance & Installation processes.
- Excellent communication, organization, leadership and time management skills.
- Obtain and maintain certifications and licenses needed to perform work in local market.
- CIC Certified & an active IDPH Irrigation Employee number.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local markplace.
- Possess a valid Illinois driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401K (at 5%)
- Healthcare Benefits
- Paid vacations
- Company vehicle, cell phone and laptop
Please click the "Apply" button below. For more information, please click here.Apply