Irrigation Manager/Inventory Assistant
Hale and Hines Nursery
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: McMinnville, TN
Application Deadline: November 8, 2018
Hale and Hines Nursery, now in its 41th year, is one of the largest pot-in-pot nurseries in Tennessee. We offer hundreds of varieties of shade and ornamental plants in containers ranging from 15-200 gallon. We have been actively growing since our inception in 1978. We are looking for a hard working person to join our team.
ABOUT THIS JOB
We are needing someone with a good amount of practical container growing experience. Someone very meticulous, punctual, and motivated. Someone with a variety of plant and irrigation knowledge, not afraid to get their hands dirty.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Positive, Motivated, Hard working individual
- Basic understanding of irrigation principals
- Someone with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a group
- Aptitude for engineering
- Desires to work outside and enjoys physical task
- A background in plant production
- Able to handle physical activity such as lifting, loading, and unloading large plants
- Strong work ethic, able to function in a fast paced environment
- Moderate computer skills
This job will entail assisting management of a computerized irrigation system for a large inventory of 15-200 gallon containers with over 450 plant varieties. Practical growing experience is needed as well as understanding plant water needs. The nursery is in the early phases of using water sensing technology and keen on improving irrigation efficiency. Plant inventory management will include keeping an up to date inventory of plants ready for sale and plants still in the production phase. Drone technology is being evaluated as a tool for inventory management and water stress detection.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great potential for professional experience
- Fast paced and friendly work environment
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- YOU MAY BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR
- Paid time off after a year
- Simple IRA with company match after 2 years
HOW TO APPLY
Complete our employment application available by contacting our office
Write a cover letter, tell us why you think your a good fit for this job. Explain a few things you have learned about irrigation, timing, and technique. Fill out the application, add your resume and send it over. For more information regarding this posting, please click here.