Junior Account Manager Trainee
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Junior Account Manager Trainee- Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
Develop a diverse set of skills for a career in field sales through participation in MPS Sales Trainee program/future Business Development Program. Trainees will gain exposure to a variety of skills: print/packaging, sales support, customer service, estimating, key account management and any other responsibilities needed for a career in sales. Trainee will work with Lansing staff and sales field staff and will be mentored by the Director of Sales and VP of Horticulture while advancing through the different phases of the training program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Rotates through each phase of training program as laid out in the development plan. Must demonstrate accomplishment of key learning objectives during each rotation.
- Observes and/or performs duties as instructed by assigned sponsors or mentor.
- Provides feedback to HR liaison following each phase.
- Completes Self-Evaluation forms as required.Works directly with sales support to develop creative solutions for individual accounts.
- Maintains a computerized system to track prospect activity and successes.
- Submits orders accurately/completely to maximize sales potential in the field and minimize time involved with order processing and errors associated with orders.
- Works with management to price all products appropriately and thus maximize sales and profitability for the company.
- Travels regularly with Hort field team to understand current customer needs and opportunities face to face.
- Gains a strong understanding of the Hort industry for both floral and grower accounts.
- Builds strong relationships with internal support staff as well as designated Hort field personnel.
- Develops and reports competitive information on market conditions, new product ideas, account potential, industry trends and sales strategies.
- Performs on site product evaluations, product trials and store checks in the field at regular intervals throughout the fiscal year.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Degree in marketing, packaging or related field preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to interact effectively with customers.
- Must be able to learn all aspects of horticulture printing/packaging and be able to articulate processes and value-add propositions to customers.
- Must have strong interest in learning printing/packaging and willing to commit to one-three years of training.
- Must have a strong desire to manage key accounts through an assigned sales territory.
- Must be willing to relocate at end of assignment if necessary.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences and memos.
- Must be able to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to read and interpret financial/pricing data or have the ability to learn how to read and understand financial/pricing data.
- Must have intermediate computer skills (email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Must demonstrate ability to interact effectively with customers
- Must be able to competently use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong time management, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, and collaborative selling skills.
- Must be able to multi-task while meeting critical deadlines.
- Must be able to compile data and help manage marketing campaigns that can be used via electronic mail.
- Must have or be able to quickly learn a basic understanding of design, composition, proofreading, and the printing process.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Must be able to use basic math in order to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing, margins, discounts, proportions, percentages, occasional weights and measurements.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information or assistance to customers.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.