Junior Urban Forestry Planner
The Davey Tree Expert Company
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019
Assist with DRG’s urban forestry master plan projects across the U.S. The Junior Urban Forestry Planner will work with a Michigan-based project manager to plan and implement all phases of urban forestry client contracts.
The Junior Urban Forestry Planner will assist with project management/tracking, stakeholder meetings, public surveys, research, data collection and analysis, graphics, and plan preparation (writing, editing). You will be an integral member of a project team and may participate and assist in meetings with municipal officials, community organizations, advisory committees, and other government agencies. Depending on client budgets, travel may be required.
Perform office and field-based urban forestry and arboricultural consulting work for municipal and private clients. Support DRG regional offices with urban forestry services. Local or out of state travel may be required.
- Interest, background and/or experience in urban planning, arboriculture, urban forestry, horticulture, landscape architecture, and/or environmental resources is preferred.
- Two or Four year degree in Urban Forestry, Forestry, Urban Planning, Environmental Sciences, Communications, , , or related discipline.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. (travel costs to be paid by company).
- Ability to work flexible hours at home office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in English (writing and speaking) is required.
- Working knowledge of computers and GIS systems.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Full time positions. Compensation based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
Please click the "Apply" button below.