Landscape Design Position
AGW Lawn & Landscape
Employment type: Part-Time
Job Location: Canton, MI
Application Deadline: May 13, 2019
Who we are:
AGW Lawn & Landscape is a small landscaping and outdoor maintenance company out of Canton, MI primarily focusing on residential properties. We’ve received an A+ rating from the BBB and have been in business for 5 years. We work in Commerce, West Bloomfield, Livonia, Plymouth, Canton, Royal Oak, and Southfield.
What we do:
- Building: We build patios, retaining walls, and provide drainage solutions for our customers. We also demolish and repair landscapes, which includes removing brush, roots and overgrowth, leveling out the ground, and planting new grass, and vegetation.
- Maintenance : We provide a tree trimming and removal service. We also perform spring and fall cleanups including trimming, mulching, and weeding. Lastly, we provide lawn service for our customers.
What we need:
- We need someone who can create two-dimensional and three-dimensional plans for new landscapes.
- We’re looking for someone who can take an entire property and design new landscape. This would include walkways, patios, walls, landscaping beds, plants and more.
- A designer must be able to:
- Take raw property measurements and turn them into plans.
- Design new patios, retaining walls, and drainage routes in a sketch using several different building materials (bricks, timber, drain tile, etc.).
- Design landscapes with edging, mulch, and plants. Plants will need to be spaced according to their sizes, types, and appearance.
- Note that we do not install sprinkler systems, we hire subcontractors for those tasks. You won’t need to design sprinkler systems.
- There are only a handful of occasions that we need full plans. Each year we only have a full overhaul 5 or 6 times. In these cases, we would need to have complete designs drawn up before we moved forward on a project.
- The amount of time you spend on the design is up to you. You would be your own boss. Ideally, we would like to send you measurements and rough sketches, and you send us a complete design back.
- Although we don’t do full overhauls every week, we do build walls and patios often. We would need less detailed and smaller plans in these cases.
- Payment will be determined by the size of the plans. You would be paid based on the complexity of the project and how much detail goes into them.
- Customers will pay anywhere from $100-$300 for a full design plan. You can expect to make what the customer is charged.
- Each job site is different and the materials going into the project will help determine the cost of each plan.
- This is a chance for you to put the skills you've learned to use.
- In the short-run, we’re looking to get landscaping plans for our customers. In the long-run, we would like to build a relationship with a reliable designer that does a great job and we can count on.
- Our goal is to give you the chance to improve your skills and build a relationship with the people in our company.
- If you are interested, please contact Adam Stepek, Owner (734.589.3226) and we can discuss this opportunity in more detail. For more information, please click here.