Jackson National Life Insurance Company
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Lansing Michigan
Application Deadline: February 6, 2019
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Landscape Intern will work to develop an in depth
understanding of natural sciences to manage forest or other plant ecosystems and or turf grass,
through hands on experience. The position focuses on landscape maintenance of athletic fields,
walking/running trails, large assortment of flower beds and other grounds maintenance on Jackson’s
850-acre corporate campus in Lansing Michigan.
- An in depth understanding of turf management, horticulture or forest ecosystems
- Ability to effectively operate power tools and other small machines, equipment, and tools.
- Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, climb
ladders, and possess the full range of physical motion to complete landscaping and
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to independently and proactively solve problems and address needs within procedure.
- Flexibility with ability to handle multiple tasks and directives.
- Ability to effectively prioritize daily tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instruction
Must be currently enrolled in one of the following programs or related field of study:
- Turf Management