Landscape Internship Program
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Multiple Locations, Southeastern United States
Application Deadline: May 13, 2019
Position: Landscape Workshop Intern
The LW intern program provides college students real-world experience as an industry professional and great opportunity for professional and personal growth. For 8-10 weeks, interns work directly in the field at one of our 9 branches across the southeast. Under the guidance of a seasoned Account Manager, interns receive training in a wide array of departments, including maintenance, enhancements, irrigation, seasonal color, and business development to name a few. We know our students are just as varied as the industry, so our approach with each intern is highly intentional. Through goal-setting, regular evaluations, and the mentorship of an Account Manager, each intern receives personalized assignments, guidance, and feedback.
As an intern, you will participate on a field crew to provide quality landscape services on a variety of commercial properties. This includes but is not limited to:
- Following the instruction and leadership of your assigned Account Manager
- Working alongside crew members to accomplish tasks
- Use and upkeep of maintenance equipment necessary for mowing, edging, blowing, and installing on properties
- Upholding all safety and performance standards of Landscape Workshop
- Communicating with several points of contact
- Participating in team meetings, trainings, and events as assigned
- Participating in monthly evaluations, written assignments, and final presentations to the Management Team
All positions are outdoors, very physical and fast paced. Weekly schedule may be four 10-hour days or five 8-hour days, depending on branch location. Estimated start time is 7:00am till 4:30pm. All schedules vary depending on branch location, traffic, weather and job tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative contributor to a team
- Reliable and responsible
- Familiarity with and ability to safely operate lawn care equipment
- Willing to work outdoors in extreme conditions
Preferred Education Background
- Industry-related field of study, including but not limited to Horticulture, Agronomy, Agriculture Business, Turf Management, and Arboriculture
If you are interested in this position and would like more information, please click here. To apply for the internship position please email your resume to Elaine Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.