Landscape Architect/Designer Internship
Nature’s Way Landscaping
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Stevensville, MI
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
Time period: Flexible, 3-12 months
Be a part of Southwest Michigan’s premier landscape design/build company. Nature’s Way Landscaping is located near the beaches of Lake Michigan, in the Stevensville/Saint Joseph area. We are a unique landscape company with a recognizable style. As an award winning design/build firm, we have been transforming the outdoor living experiences for many people over the last 41 years!
The majority of Nature’s Way’s projects involve creating beautiful spaces for people and families to enjoy. You will gain experience with every aspect of the landscape for clients that appreciate quality design. The areas of design can range anywhere from small spaces to massive estates. On the beach or in the countryside, at Nature’s Way the possibilities are endless
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Landscape Architecture or related major.
• Site analysis to include: base map preparation, collect digital photos of site, define critical areas
• Prepare presentation materials such as: renderings, drawings, proposals, sketch up models etc.
• Communicate with nursery manager, project managers, designers and office manager
• Estimate project costs based on designs.
• Desire for all aspects of landscaping/ learn and be familiar with many plants
• Work with designers on various ideas and concepts for final plans
• Customer presentations with lead designer
• Ability to recognize highest priority tasks; set & achieve goals. While working as a team.
Candidate must be computer literate, must enjoy a fast paced, fun environment, have excellent verbal communication skills, hard working, dedicated, enthusiastic, persistent, & love plants!
Please contact Shawn de la Foret at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the information listed below.
1113 John Beers Road
Stevensville, MI 49127