Mary Berry's Gardening LLC
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Application Deadline: October 30, 2018
Job Description: Lead Gardener
- Lead gardener for Mary Berry’s Gardening oversee the maintenance and development of our client’s landscapes. They achieve this by applying standard as well as specialized horticultural practices. These tasks include, but are not limited to: weeding, trimming, watering, pruning, planting, splitting and transplanting, shoveling, sawing, sweeping, raking, and the use of power equipment.
- The Lead gardener manages a crew of assistant gardeners. Crew management involves time management of the gardening crew, training crew members, and maintaining morale on daily basis. The Lead Gardener sees to it that the crew works diligently and carefully and that Mary Berry’s Gardening mission and code of ethics are always followed. The Lead Gardener reports to Production manager, the Office manager and to the Owner of the company.
- Work is conducted in all types of weather, from heat to wind to wet and cold. Therefore, it’s expected that the Lead gardener will be able to work in these different climate extremes, and will be prepared to do so. The Lead gardener must be physically able to bend over or kneel for extended periods of time, and be able to lift objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
- The Lead gardener is responsible for executing the customer work orders and estimates for the day. They will compute the route of each job, compute the budget and time management for each work order/estimate and turning in the customer work orders/estimate each day to the office. They are also responsible for packing and checking the truck and trailer for the tools and materials needed to complete the customer work orders for the day. The Lead gardener must make sure the truck and trailer are packed completely and safely before they leave the barn.
- Lead Gardeners are responsible for a company vehicle. The Lead gardener must take proper care to see that the trucks and equipment are not damaged. They are to have a clean driving record at all times. They are responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle according to the manufacturers recommendations, as well as assuring that the vehicle is operated in a safe manner at all times. They must report any issue of the vehicle, trailer and equipment to the Office Manager for repair. The Lead Gardener is responsible for filling the trucks with fuel and they must check the tires for proper air, trailer hook up, and that tail lights are in good working order before leaving the barn.
- Since there is a high level of customer interaction, the Lead Gardener needs to exhibit adequate communication skills, and is expected to always project a professional attitude to our clients.
- Work days are from Monday through Friday. The work day begins from 7am to 9am, and usually ends from 3:30pm to 6:30pm. The work is seasonal with the bulk of work being done between mid-March and November. The ideal candidate for this position is team-spirited, flexible, hard working, and creative. He or she can work cheerfully with a diverse and close knit group of individuals dedicated to the craft of professional gardening. Also, he or she should have a college degree in horticulture, or a demonstrable experience in horticultural management.
- For more information regarding this posting please click here, or visit their website http://www.maryberrysgardening.com/careers.html.