Lead Horticulture Staff
Wellfield Botanic Gardens
Employment type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
The Lead Horticulturist is directly responsible for horticultural maintenance of several themed garden spaces and may take a lead role in seasonal display development. This position may supervise other horticulture staff and volunteers with standard bed maintenance and new garden installations as needed.
- Permanent, Full-time, Salary.
- To the Horticulture Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute yearly maintenance plans for each garden over seen.
- Work with the Horticulture and Facilities Manager in bed renovation and redesign.
- Oversee and perform garden and grounds maintenance tasks, including planting, weeding, mulching, pruning, mowing, fertilizing and others as required of each assigned garden space.
- Develop seasonal themed exhibit and displays as assigned.
- Safe operation of power tools such as mower, leaf blower and string-trimmer.
- Utilize organic pest management techniques under supervision.
- Perform light structural maintenance work or small engine repair as required.
- Supervise horticulture volunteers as required.
- Interact with garden guests as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated knowledge of basic plant maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated knowledge of safe operation of tools and equipment.
- Willingness to perform hands-on horticulture tasks in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekends.
- Customer service experience; ability to work with diverse populations and volunteers.
- Ability to work under supervision or independently.
December 31, 2019
Submit resume to Josh Steffen, email@example.com
For more information please click here