Lead Horticulture Technician
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Dearborn, MI
Application Deadline: November 7, 2018
Kelly Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill an immediate opening for a Lead Horticulture Technician for a top automotive company located in Dearborn, MI.
Position: Lead Horticulture Technician
Location: Dearborn, MI
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday (3:00pm – 11:30pm)
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Install annual flowers according to schedule for spring and autumn plantings, keeping within the boundaries of proposed labor and material
- With direction from Supervisor supervise and schedule work for Horticulture Crew
- Maintain the aforementioned flower beds by weeding, deadheading, fertilizing, including weekend work
- Administer cultural practices to perennial gardens.
- Establish new landscape plantings through watering and monitoring.
- Removal of annual plantings
- Install fall bulbs as directed
- Use IPM to monitor and apply pesticides when needed to landscape. Research and recommend control when needed. Follow up on reported ornamental plant problems.
- Assist in spring and fall clean-up of sites, including fertilizer application, pre-emergent application, leaf removal and perennial maintenance.
- Create work as needed to maximize total work hours to achieve the best possible productivity.
- Responsible for the safety, supervision, and training of horticultural crews. Instruction is achieved by familiarity with safety guidelines, equipment manuals, video tapes, on-hands training, and experience.
- Responsible for the daily and weekly general maintenance of assigned horticultural equipment. Assigned equipment and trucks will be kept neat and clean. Reporting of all equipment breakdowns or problems should be promptly routed to the horticulturist.
- Technician will be required to fill out time sheets and truck check sheets daily, including times and materials used for the day. These reports include all employee time and materials that are assigned to the appointed crew.
- During winter operations, Foreman must be available for snow removal and/or salting and sidewalks snow removal operations 24 hours a day, unless prior arrangements have been made and approved by management.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree desired.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in the field of a landscape, turf, or related industry.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Computer knowledge and skills necessary.
- Professional image required, good communication and organizational skills a must.
- A positive and aggressive attitude desired.
- Pesticide Certification within 60 days of employment.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.