Maintenance Account Manager
Del Conte's Landscaping, Inc.
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Fremont and Livermore, CA
Application Deadline: May 24, 2019
Maintenance Account Manager
Del Conte’s Landscaping, Inc. is a full-service landscaping firm offering Landscape Maintenance, Design/Build, Irrigation and Water Management. Our mission at Del Conte's Landscaping is to fulfil the landscape needs of our clients, and, in doing so, exceed client expectations for service, quality and value.
Currently, we have opportunities in our Fremont & Livermore, CA branches for a Maintenance Account Manager to provide oversight and continuity to the Maintenance Department, while providing effective customer service for clients.
Maintenance Account Managers are responsible for working closely with the VP of Maintenance Operations to achieve set goals, and for the following:
- Cooperate with the needs of other departments
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, contractors & sub-contractors
- Generate sales/work volume
- Supervise, motivate & train crews
- Ensure safety (OSHA) compliance
- Implement manager’s decisions
- Maintain a positive attitude & self-image
- Conduct employee training
- Collaborate with other employees and divisions
- Serve as main contact person for clients, contractors & sub-contractors
- Keep extensive administrative paperwork and utilize communication equipment
- Attend manager meetings and board meetings regularly
- Ensure all crews are properly equipped, transported, prepared, and functioning efficiently
- Listening & observational skills
- Ability to receive and follow instructions
- Communication skills
- Motivational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Lift heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to bend & stoop on a continual basis
- 2+ years college & 2+ years landscaping experience –or- 4+ years landscaping experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Knowledge of all facets of production (incl. irrigation, spray equipment, etc.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Qualified equipment operator
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to back up a trailer & a connecting trailer
- Extensive knowledge of horticulture
- Knowledge of chemicals
- Pest control license –or- knowledge of diseases & pests
- Basic non-algebraic math skills
- Computer literate
- Available for emergency calls after work hours
- Fast-paced, hands-on, deadline and detail oriented. Outdoors with various weather
conditions, bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns & other environmental risks.
Hours of Duty
- 50-55 hours per week, weekly meetings, & weekends as needed. On call/emergency response as necessary.
Location of Work
- Fremont CA or Livermore, CA Office & field work, local travel required.
We offer an excellent work environment along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, 401(k), and paid holidays. We also offer a competitive salary.