Maintenance Account Manager
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Various Locations, IL
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
The major objectives of the Maintenance Account Manager position are to maintain Acres' positive image in the industry through professional communication and interaction with clients, vendors, fellow employees, etc.; meet or exceed established sales and profitability goals; and monitor job costs & revenue per hour on assigned sales portfolio. Utilizing strong horticultural knowledge to implement a proactive property inspection and stewardship regime for the client is essential. Superior customer service and communication is essential.
- Profitable achievement of lawn and snow contract sales goals and contract renewal goals.
- Profitable achievement of landscape enhancement and snow extras sales goals.
- Satisfied clients
- Quality work
- Effective SOP's
- Communicate effectively with customers and Acres' maintenance production staff to ensure quality work is performed to the satisfaction of the client.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals. The “lawn enhancement” goal is a percentage of the contracted maintenance portfolio.
- Monitor job costs and revenue per hour on your sales portfolio on a monthly basis. Come prepared to monthly meetings (statement, job cost/RPH) and complete follow-up work between meetings. Work with the maintenance managers to make adjustments as necessary in order to meet established goals.
- Conduct property walks on a timely basis and follow through with proposals and billing as necessary in order to maintain the appearance of each property, satisfy customer expectations, and reach budgeted sales and "enhancement" goals.
- Identify opportunities, in addition to formal property walks, to submit proposals for plant replacements, flowers, insect/disease spraying, property upgrades and other "enhancement" work.
- Utilize and execute Acres landscape enhancement follow-up schedule for all maintenance/"extras" proposals generated. Prepare and participate in the weekly sales and production meetings.
- Participate in the snow removal program as required, including providing property inspections, customer service and phone support on a rotating basis during snow storms, processing snow billing, responding to before, during, and after storm service calls and scheduling clean-up. Be available in extreme situations to take on front line snow responsibilities.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals. The “snow extras” goal is a percentage of the contracted snow portfolio.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of customer communications and activity on accounts. Follow through with accurate paperwork on a daily basis as directed by your manager. It is essential that customer information, documentation, and communication be placed in AXAPTA CRM.
- Communicate with clients as required following the Acres communication plan by utilizing pictures, work updates, and proposals.
- Provide customer service support for each contract assigned to or sold by you; and consequently, ensure that each customer receives the appropriate amount of attention, service and property inspections. Work with the maintenance manager to resolve any concerns arising from a property inspection.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the property managers including sustaining regularly scheduled contact and communication with them. Said relationship must also be established with board members on multi-tenant properties.
- Execute billing within the specified timelines and maintain accounts receivable within established allowable limits. Resolve collection problems in conjunction with accounting and office management staff.
- Achieve or exceed targeted level of contract renewals.
- Submit leads to business development to achieve targeted annual goals utilizing the split commission program to cover accounts lost and continue to grow your portfolio. This may require cold-calling, onsite visits, & company lunches as determined by your Regional Account Manager.
- Partner with business development to close contract sales when a relationship will assist in the process.
- Support in closing the sale may include assisting in a variety of functions such as identifying and downloading property needs, budgets and concerns; developing and making presentations. This activity may also include follow-up meetings and negotiations along with other support as needed.
- Plan weekly and daily activities in advance to ensure efficient time use and positive end results.
- Establish a good working relationship with your manager and fellow employees, and keep your manager informed of progress and problems on the job.
- Proactively anticipate problems, and suggest solutions in order to avoid customer complaints.
- Respond with tact to customer complaints and promptly resolve them in order to ensure constant customer satisfaction.
- Attend all applicable meetings which may include board meetings for sales presentations and reconciliation of complaints, association and trade organization meetings for networking purposes, etc.
- Actively participate in decision making in the department and work to continually improve its operation.
- Identify problem areas. Make suggestions and assist in implementing solutions in conjunction with the Senior Account Representative.
- Assist in projecting annual sales goals and budget figures. Contribute to in-house meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Assist with any customer transactions as assigned by your Regional Account Manager. Be ready and willing to temporarily or permanently manage accounts as necessary and meet all customer and sales goals as assigned by your Regional Account Manager.
- Assist your manager, and follow through on assignments set by him/her.
- Follow through with accurate paperwork as required. Assure that maintenance managers have all the necessary information from you regarding all sales in order to effectively produce the work, satisfy the customer and meet profitability goals.
- Resolve collection problems on accounts in your portfolio. Prepare in advance for monthly statement reviews. Be prepared to collect all A/R within 45 days after end of fiscal year.
- Attend Acres supported workshops, seminars, and obtain certifications as advised by your Regional Account Manager.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- The ability to effectively coordinate and complete numerous activities simultaneously.
- The ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, organizational and follow-up skills.
- The capacity to drive to all work sites and conduct tours and visual inspections of the landscape which may include areas with varying turf heights and textures, all sizes and shapes of shrubbery, bushes, flower beds, etc....
- 3-5 years previous sales experience.
- Horticultural knowledge required.
- Computer proficient
Sr. HR Administrator & Recriter | Acres Group
610 W. Liberty Street | Wauconda, IL 60084
D: 847-487-5071 | F: 847-526-4841 | C:224-250-3533