Manager of Public Programs
The Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Kirtland, OH
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016
The Holden Arboretum/Cleveland Botanical Garden is recruiting for an individual to lead the development and implementation of educational public programs for both campuses with an emphasis on programming for the adult audience. The Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden recently integrated, making the organization the 13th largest public garden in the U.S.
The Manager of Public Programs, reporting to the Vice President of Education,Manages the development, delivery, cross-campus program schedule and program assessment tools and objectives of informal educational programs for the adult audience at both Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum.
- Interacts with the informal education community of NE Ohio to develop partnerships and program collaborations
- Oversees tour program, train guides for CBG campus, oversee other adult self directed educational opportunities and monitors their quality and effectiveness;
- Develops and administers program budgets
- Oversees program registration process, data collection and public programs budget;
- Assists with public programming for the family audience and development and delivery for outreach programming
- Teaches classes and leads groups
The position will work at both campuses but will be based at the Botanical Garden in University Circle.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science education, interpretation, horticulture, environmental or museum studies or related fields. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years successfully leading informal education programs for adults
- Proven ability to seek out and implement new informal educational and informational delivery methods
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis, financial management, program development and evaluation; management of staff, volunteers, multiple programs; teaching and museum practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe graphics and registration systems
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing (accurate and concise), to the general public and specialized professional audiences
This is a full time position – Tuesday through Saturday. Evening and weekend hours as required.
- Must pass criminal background and drug checks; driving record in good standing
- Ability to work flexible schedule on an as needed basis
Apply - Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume online:
Posting Date: September 2016
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta.