MassTimber@MSU Communications and Social Media Student Assistant
Department of Forestry
Employment type: Part-Time
Application Deadline: September 25, 2021
The Communications and Social Media Student Assistant will play an active role in developing the MassTimber@MSU program’s presence in digital, social media, and printed formats. The Student Assistant will work with the MassTimber@MSU Director to build and maintain the program’s social media platforms, update its website, and produce content that advances the MassTimber@MSU mission and aligns with MSU brand standards.
- Strong familiarity and aptitude with mainstream social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook)
- Interest in updating websites and the ability to effectively use the MSU platform to update the MassTimber@MSU website
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Interest and basic to moderate skills in storytelling, copy editing, and (potentially) graphic design
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong interest in the intersection of forest management, climate change, and innovative green/sustainable building
- Desirable, but not required: Familiarity with the Adobe Suite (primarily InDesign and Illustrator); Photography/Videography skills; Video editing
The position will offer remote work options. Office space is available for use if needed. The working environment includes working with computer screens, sitting at a desk and using digital design and word processing software.
Office is located in MSU’s Natural Resources building. MSU enjoys a park-like campus with outlying research facilities and natural areas.
Starting wage is $12-$15/hour for 5-10 hours per week while classes are in session (additional hours may become possible during breaks, exam week and summer session). Flexible hours within the range provided based on student course workload. Continuation for multiple semesters is anticipated.
Email: 1) a letter of interest detailing qualifications for the position and the dates/times of availability; please discuss why you are specifically interested in this position; 2) resume/CV with list of relevant coursework or experiences, and 3) links to a portfolio, blog, flickr, Instagram or similar to showcase photography, storytelling or design skills. Email: Sandra Lupien firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is available on Handshake by searching for Job #5295360.
Applications considered on a rolling basis until September 25, 2021, or until the position has been filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) at Michigan State University (MSU) is committed to achieving excellence by creating and sustaining an accessible and inclusive culture that values cultural and academic diversity. MSU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The CANR is particularly interested in candidates of all backgrounds who are committed to the principle that academic excellence is achieved through open access and proactive inclusion.