Plant Health Care Internship
Nels Johnson Tree
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Evanston, IL
Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
Plant Health Care Internship:
- Work on the Plant Health Team treating high consequence diseases and insects in trees. Injection based treatments, training provided on job to use both macro-injection system and Arborjet micro-injection gun. Introduction to other areas of Plant Health and Tree Maintenance departments.
- Previous experience in field not required, but interest in Forestry, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences or similar is strongly desired.
- Current IL operator pesticide license required or ability to obtain upon employment.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required for interaction with clients on regular basis.
- Comfortable working independently on a regular basis.
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week, with some Saturday work. Ability to lift 30+ lb water tanks.
- Starting wage based on experience.
- Work out of Evanston, Illinois office, relocation expenses not covered.
Interested candidates can contact me directly @ email@example.com. Ideally we would like someone to work May through September but we can be flexible based on the school calendar. Please let me know if you need any additional information to share this with your network. This position will be located out of Evanston, Illinois (zip 60202).