Plant Health Care Seasonal Applicator
KRAMER TREE SPECIALISTS, INC.
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: West Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: September 18, 2021
A Plant Health Care Seasonal Applicator is responsible for administering treatment applications on trees or other vegetation for purpose of insect and/or disease control and enhancement of plant health. Plant Health Care Applicators work in accordance with applicable ANSI and other industry standards and in compliance with all state regulations and policies as it pertains to pesticide applications for ornamental plants and trees. It is expected that all services conducted in this position always maintain a positive image of Kramer Tree Specialists and adherence to the values of Kramer Tree Specialists and our Performance Triangle, which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform ornamental and tree treatment applications in accordance with industry best practices and state / product guidelines & policies, assuring quality applications in a timely manner and proactively inspecting the plant material for current and potential pests.
- Identify and communicate field observations of ornamental and tree insect and disease issues which are to be provided to Sales Arborists targeted towards continuous improvement of the products and service we provide.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time, including inclement weather, which will involve standing, kneeling, entering and exiting vehicles/equipment, and assisting with cleanup of job sites
- Ability to work a varied time schedule according to seasonal requirements including Saturdays.
- Ensure overall safe, productive and quality work done on each property, attending to the details through proper tree evaluations, job site hazard assessments, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- After the training period, have the ability to take direction & work on your own doing necessary applications.
- Maintain a daily work truck to be clean, organized & in operational condition on a daily basis.
- Tools assigned to each truck should be inventoried and in operational condition.
- Participate in the Plant Health Care department meetings.
- To be willing to work within other departments when the Plant Health Care work–loads are minimal.
Requisite Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Valid Illinois Drivers’ License
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to calculate the needed material and tools for each specific application.
- Climbing in/out/on of work trucks for the purpose of material mixing for application services
- Lifting or dragging up to 70 lbs. will be required
- Current State of Illinois Commercial Applicators License or obtain within a specified time frame