TGE - Tagawa Greenhouses
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Golden, Colorado
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises is now hiring for a Production Grower for our facility in Golden, CO! At Tagawa Foothills, the team currently specializes in plug and finished production. Our Production Growers act as the primary managers for production staff. As one of the three Production Growers, this role oversees a set of ranges based on experience and greenhouse production schedules. Within each of the assigned ranges, Production Growers monitor and supervise irrigators to grow horticultural specialty products and crops such as plugs, bedding and ornamental plants.
All Production Growers must be versed in all production practices, and interpret, modify, and improve production templates set by Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises. Production Growers manage their staff and greenhouse environments in terms of light, temperature, soil, water, fertilizer, and other chemicals to ensure the quality of our plant material. Additionally, Production Growers are responsible for maintaining equipment, cleaning, and assisting other ranges or departments as needed. Experience in Spanish or working within a greenhouse environment, related industry, or equivalent education is preferred but not required.
To be placed or hired into this position, Production Growers must have a minimum 5 years company experience or equivalent industry experience. Newly placed/hired Production Growers are trained in Tagawa practices by our company and industry leaders. To be eligible for continued employment, Production Growers must also maintain a score of above 3.5 (out of 5.0) on performance evaluations.
- Must be 21 years or older and eligible to work in the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum 5 year company or equivalent industry experience or education within horticulture required. Bachelor’s degree or higher education within a related field highly preferred, but not required. Management experience preferred but not required.
- Requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Production Growers will also be asked to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must be able to work in all greenhouse conditions including wet, humid, dusty, dirty, and extreme hot/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 25lbs, and push/pull racks on wheels of 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Job requires employees to be on their feet for long periods of time, sit, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must have specific vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. To prevent injury, employees must abide by the safety procedures set by Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises, LLC. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises LLC (dba. InColor) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.
$50.00 - $55.00 (Yearly Salary)Apply