Assistant Grower Propagation Internship
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Hudsonville, MI
Application Deadline: August 1, 2020
JOB TITLE: Assistant Grower Propagation Internship (PAID)
TIME FRAME: Beginning July 20, 2020 (Start date flexible)
DEPARTMENT: Propagation Department
REPORTS TO: Manager of Propagation Department
Serve as a team member in assisting of growing plants and monitoring new product development.
Under the direction of the Propagation Manager, tasks may include, but are not limited to irrigation of material starting from seedling and/or cutting stage through finished plug/liner stage, greenhouse work such as plant maintenance and moving, chemical requirements for plant grow regulators (PGRs) and basic fungicides/insecticides under supervision of licensed pesticide applicators, handling and monitoring progress of beneficial insects used for pest control, transplanting, and sticking cuttings. As part of the team, you will assist in new product development of plants, which includes basic care and maintenance, monitoring progress, and inputting collected data to produce records for distribution. Assist in recommendations for strengthening and improving programs. Work involves walking, sitting, standing, bending, twisting and lifting of up to 30 lbs. Exposure to varying indoor and outdoor temperatures is required. Performs other duties as necessary.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant education pursuit and/or work experience.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
- Ability to participate in professional team efforts
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to fulfill production schedule needs
- Ability to manage project timelines and organize priorities/workload as needed.
- Basic computer experience needed for inputting data into Excel and uploading pictures and information in trial tracking database
If interested, contact Jose Mendez firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include updated resume, short cover letter describing any green industry background you may have, and 3 personal references. For more information, please click here.