Profile Plants LLC
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Conover, NC
Application Deadline: June 24, 2018
Reports to: Quality Manager; Technical and R&D Manager
Work location: Profile Plants LLC, 219 Simpson Street SW, Conover, NC 28613
Job inquiries: Daniel Norden, email@example.com and 224-343-8198.
- Assist research team with planning, execution and analysis of horticultural and agronomic trials on both
new and existing products across all businesses.
- Develop and implement crop schedules to mirror commercial greenhouse production; Follow and
implement common cultural crop guidelines.
- Collect, analyze and summarize data from trials.
- Ability to present research projects to other company team members.
- Lab work to include but not limited to physical and chemical analysis of soil and soilless substrates.
- Assist ALL in aspects of R&D testing operation to include but not limited to: seed sowing, transplanting,
cultivation, harvesting, irrigation installation, and calibration/ application of fertilizers and pesticides,
hydroseeding, and R&D line operation.
- Participate in hosting customer’s onsite when necessary. Help in tours and support other business
activities when necessary.
- Manage special projects as needed to help out in all areas of the Profile business as assigned.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Soil Science, Plant Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ greenhouse experience
- Preferred background in Horticulture, Agronomy, substrates, floriculture crops
- Experience in floriculture research
- Experience as a grower in commercial ornamental crop production
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work well independently and with a wide variety of people
- Strong follow-through skills with a sense of ownership, time management, and a high attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency MS Office.
- Statistical analysis abilities are a plus.
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability to work in variable climates and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability and willingness to work a weekend shift if needed on a rotational basis.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- North Carolina Pesticide License or the ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- TBD depending on education and experience
- Other benefits along with compensation package include:
• Health and Dental Insurance
• 401 K
• Life Insurance
• Short/Long Term Disability
Join us and become part of our great team!