Research Associate-ovarian biology focus
Employment type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
A research associate position is available for a highly motivated candidate with a Ph.D. degree in animal or biomedical sciences to join a research group focusing on ovarian biology, especially cellular and molecular regulation of early follicular development and ovarian functions. The candidate should have significant laboratory experience and peer-reviewed publication(s). Candidate will be responsible for performing experiments in the laboratory which will include DNA, RNA, protein extraction, western blotting, qPCR, tissue culture, hormone assays, histological analysis, immunochemistry, in situ hybridization, etc. as well as carry out data analysis resulting from experiments and help with manuscript preparation/writing. Candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills and work well with others. Position requires strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This position is initially for one year, renewable annually based on performance, for up to three years with a possibility of an extension contingent on the availability of funding.
- Previous experience working with farm animals (cows)
- Strong knowledge in female reproductive physiology and endocrinology
- Research experience with 3D cell/tissue culture
- Research experience with microRNA techniques
- Research experience in programmed cell death (apoptosis/autography)
- Experience with handling of and sampling from farm animal (cows), such as collecting blood and performing ultrasound scanning.
How to Apply
Application materials must be submitted electronically at http://careers.msu.edu and search for posting #510266 using the Job Search field. Application materials should include: a cover letter, a statement of research interests, and a CV with contact information for three references.
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Mingyuan Yang, Department of Animal Science, MSU; email: firstname.lastname@example.org