Sales Arborist / Project Manager
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Various Locations, IL
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
The major objective of the Sales Arborist / Project Manager position is to oversee the strategic goals of the division and day to day operations of Acres Tree Care Division as required by the Facility VP. Partner with the Acres account management team to sell tree care work to Acres existing maintenance clients as well personally sell tree care work to currently non-contracted clients to achieve budgeted sales goals. Manage and sell tree work within the Company’s safety, quality and efficiency standards. Communicate with customers both internal and external to ensure satisfaction with service and solve problems to foster a positive, long-term relationship and discuss additional work recommendations. Ensure jobs are sold and performed within budget to meet or exceed all required financial performance objectives. Maintain a positive image for Acres and Acres Tree Care Division in the field and in the industry.
- Achieve budgeted profit and sales goals
- Sustain profitable growth
- Effective and efficient staff & equipment
- Satisfied clients & staff
- Quality work
- Safe operations
- Effective SOP's
- Assist in prospecting and selling tree care work to achieve or exceed annual sales goals. Obtain referrals from clients, network and develop new business opportunities. Work with Acres marketing and sales teams to maximize tree care sales within and outside Acres customer base.
- Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate and competitive pricing.
- Prepare estimates, tree inventories, proposals and contracts for clients and sales team members.
- Assist in assuring all tree care work is billed appropriately.
- Train, supervise, manage and motivate a team of diversified tree care professionals as well as help development of future Certified Arborists.
- Plan daily and weekly activities in advance in order to attend all required internal and external meetings.
- Assure all work is performed safely to quality standards and in compliance with applicable governmental regulations.
- Monitor monthly reports, such as hours and RPH, and work the account management and production teams to make adjustments as necessary to achieve Company goals.
- Maintain a comprehensive preventive safety training program for tree care work to include weekly tailgate safety talks.
- Ensure customers are completely satisfied through effective communication and service. Effectively resolve any service issues or complaints.
- Enforce all policies and procedures relative to uniform usage, safety and other handbook items, and implement disciplinary procedures as necessary in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews with individual development plans for your direct reports.
- Maintain Acres and Acres Tree Care Division’s positive image in the industry through professional communication and interaction with clients, vendors, fellow employees, etc.
- Perform other projects or tasks as assigned by your manager.
- Attend seminars to continuously improve skills.
- Follow Company policies and procedures and contribute to continuous improvement efforts identifying problem areas, making suggestions and assisting in implementing solutions.
- Participate in snow removal operations as needed with the potential of running a snow route.
- Effectively[SRV1] and safely use assigned vehicles and equipment monitoring their maintenance needs and coordinating preventive maintenance and repair with the shop.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable and able to safely operate all the equipment utilized by Acres Tree Care Division including but not limited to tree chipper, stump grinder, skid steer tractor with varied attachments, chain saw and hand tools.
- Knowledge of tree felling, pruning and plant health care/IPM services.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to work being performed including but not limited to OSHA and ANSI standards relative to the tree care industry.
- Ability to obtain the Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP) designation and OSHA 10 hour certifications within one (1) year of hire. Ability to obtain OSHA 30 hour certification in the second year of employment.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job in order to perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands regularly include standing, walking on uneven surfaces, stooping/crouching, kneeling, reaching with hands and arms, fine motor skills using hands/fingers, seeing intricate parts and overall system, talking and hearing. Lifting requirements are regularly 50 pounds and up.
- Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arboriculture
- Valid State of Illinois Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License
- Minimum 5 years tree care industry experience
- Ideally possess a class “A” CDL driver’s license with safe driving record
Sr. HR Administrator & Recriter | Acres Group
610 W. Liberty Street | Wauconda, IL 60084
D: 847-487-5071 | F: 847-526-4841 | C:224-250-3533