Seasonal Garden & Landscape Assistant- with Internship Potential
Fair Lane: Home of Clara & Henry Ford
Employment type: Full-Time
Job Location: Dearborn, MI
Application Deadline: March 22, 2021
We are seeking seasonal employees to assist in all aspects of garden and landscape maintenance and restoration for a 17 acre historic site.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to work outdoor.
- Previous experience in landscaping or gardening a plus, but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to exert force of up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The position involves frequent working on knees, reaching, crouching, and lifting; and using a lawn mower, blower, and string trimmer.
- Autocad, GIS, Photoshop, and/or other computer design software experience a plus, but not required.
Work Schedule and Pay:
- Typically Monday through Friday (up to 40 hours/week) May-August, with potential for earlier start date and later end date with flexible, reduced hours for students.
- Pay of $13-$15/hour depending on experience.
- Opportunity for position to support an academic internship with approval from the student’s educational institution, especially in Environmental Studies, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, or similar field of study.
Contact Karen Marzonie via email to receive instructions on how to apply.
Director of Landscapes
To view more information click here