Specialty and Row Crop Internships
Employment type: Internship
Job Location: Grandview, Washington
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
Student Internship Available – Specialty and Row Crop Agronomy
Bleyhl Co-op is developing a progressive Agronomy Internship Program for college students entering the field of agriculture. We would like to partner with Michigan State University to help mold and educate young professionals through practical and scholastic experience.
The cropping systems students would be involved with are:
- Grapes – Concord and Wine
- Row Crops – Wheat, Corn, Alfalfa, Vegetables, etc.
The typical activities students would be participating in include:
- Data Collection
- Pest Scouting
- Sampling for Soil and Tissue Nutrient Analyses
- Statistical Analysis
- Learning how to Interpret Test Reports for the Development of Recommendations
- Product Knowledge
- Understanding Market Conditions
- Networking Opportunities
Students will work one-on-one with experienced agronomists who will help guide in the above activities along with helping in managing customer accounts. Internships typically start in February and run through summer.
This is a paid internship including the following:
- Living accommodations
- Access to work vehicles for the duration of the program
- A phone for use during the internship period
- Assistance in completing college internship credits
- Networking opportunities with other interns, vendors, and customers
Students do not need to have knowledge or any background in the above cropping systems, but a strong desire to strengthen knowledge and gain hands-on experience is a must.
Point of Contact:
For more information regarding this position, please click here.